Search on for Businesswoman of the Year
THE search is now on for the winners of the East of England Businesswoman of the Year Awards for 2008. Co-ordinated and organised by the Suffolk Branch of the Institute of Directors, the awards are presented to exceptional businesswomen who have made a fundamental contribution to the success and development of their organisation.
THE search is now on for the winners of the East of England Businesswoman of the Year Awards for 2008.
Co-ordinated and organised by the Suffolk Branch of the Institute of Directors, the awards are presented to exceptional businesswomen who have made a fundamental contribution to the success and development of their organisation.
The official launch of the awards in Suffolk took place in Ipswich at the Cornhill offices of Lloyds TSB Commercial bank, the principal sponsor of the awards.
There are three categories in the awards - Businesswoman of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year and Young Businesswoman of the Year.
You may also want to watch:
Among those at the Suffolk launch was Karen Hester of Adnams, current holder of the East of England Businesswoman of the Year title, who added her encouragement for businesswomen to enter the awards.
“Women in the workplace is a fact of life; women succeeding in the workplace is too,” she said. “These awards celebrate and acknowledge this success and encourage others to strive to reach their potential. I feel honoured to have had my successes acknowledged in this way and to be part of inspiring other women to use their skills and talents to further their careers, businesses and the economy as a whole.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
Steve Elsom, area director of Lloyds TSB Commercial, said: “We are delighted to renew our sponsorship of these awards, thereby further demonstrating our commitment to showcasing women in business and supporting our local business communites.”
For more information on entering for the awards, call Janet Sadler on 07917 699498 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information and application forms are also available at www.eebw.co.uk.
The awards were established in 1989 by the Cambridge Businesswomen's Network and have been co-ordinated by the Suffolk branch of the IOD since 1997. Besides Lloyds TSB, this year's awards are also being organised in association with Adnams.