Search on for Businesswoman of the Year
THE search is now on for the winners of the East of England Businesswoman of the Year Awards for 2008. Co-ordinated and organised by the Suffolk Branch of the Institute of Directors, the awards are presented to exceptional businesswomen who have made a fundamental contribution to the success and development of their organisation.
THE search is now on for the winners of the East of England Businesswoman of the Year Awards for 2008.
Co-ordinated and organised by the Suffolk Branch of the Institute of Directors, the awards are presented to exceptional businesswomen who have made a fundamental contribution to the success and development of their organisation.
The official launch of the awards in Suffolk took place in Ipswich at the Cornhill offices of Lloyds TSB Commercial bank, the principal sponsor of the awards.
There are three categories in the awards - Businesswoman of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year and Young Businesswoman of the Year.
Among those at the Suffolk launch was Karen Hester of Adnams, current holder of the East of England Businesswoman of the Year title, who added her encouragement for businesswomen to enter the awards.
“Women in the workplace is a fact of life; women succeeding in the workplace is too,” she said. “These awards celebrate and acknowledge this success and encourage others to strive to reach their potential. I feel honoured to have had my successes acknowledged in this way and to be part of inspiring other women to use their skills and talents to further their careers, businesses and the economy as a whole.”
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 8 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
Steve Elsom, area director of Lloyds TSB Commercial, said: “We are delighted to renew our sponsorship of these awards, thereby further demonstrating our commitment to showcasing women in business and supporting our local business communites.”
For more information on entering for the awards, call Janet Sadler on 07917 699498 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information and application forms are also available at www.eebw.co.uk.
The awards were established in 1989 by the Cambridge Businesswomen's Network and have been co-ordinated by the Suffolk branch of the IOD since 1997. Besides Lloyds TSB, this year's awards are also being organised in association with Adnams.