Six Ipswich architects in charity cycling challenge
- Credit: Archant
Six Ipswich architects have drawn together to raise funds for the town’s hospital.
The team from award-winning KLH Architects, based in Copdock, have signed up for the London to Paris Cycle Ride, which they hope to complete in three days.
KLH Architects employees, Ben Moore, Tom Bryce, Andy Garnham, Bryan Wybrow and company directors, Martyn Goodwin and Robert Keeble, will be setting off from London on Thursday, September 3, and aim to reach Paris by Saturday.
The London to Paris Cycle Ride is an annual charity bike ride organised by Action for Charity. Participants choose between a three- or four-day cycle itinerary covering distances of 290 or 395 miles respectively.
The team hopes to raise £2000 for The Ipswich Hospital Charity, which was set up to raise funds to improve the level of care to patients.
You may also want to watch:
Project architect, Bryan Wybrow, who has undertaken a demanding training programme involving cycling to and from his home in Felixstowe to work, said: “We’ve been in training for six months now, it’s a great team to be part of; really supportive of one another, the cause and the company.”
Director Martyn Goodwin, admitted they were all “pretty nervous” about the challenge ahead of them.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
“The three days are definitely going to be a struggle but I’m confident that it will also be a fantastic and memorable experience for the team,” he said.
“The cause is a very personal one to KLH Architects; we’ve done a lot of work for Ipswich Hospital in past years and currently we’re designing the hospitals new Oncology Department. We hope that our three days of suffering will go a long way to providing much needed care.”
To support the team, visit www.justgiving.com/KLH-LondonParis