Six Ipswich architects in charity cycling challenge
- Credit: Archant
Six Ipswich architects have drawn together to raise funds for the town’s hospital.
The team from award-winning KLH Architects, based in Copdock, have signed up for the London to Paris Cycle Ride, which they hope to complete in three days.
KLH Architects employees, Ben Moore, Tom Bryce, Andy Garnham, Bryan Wybrow and company directors, Martyn Goodwin and Robert Keeble, will be setting off from London on Thursday, September 3, and aim to reach Paris by Saturday.
The London to Paris Cycle Ride is an annual charity bike ride organised by Action for Charity. Participants choose between a three- or four-day cycle itinerary covering distances of 290 or 395 miles respectively.
The team hopes to raise £2000 for The Ipswich Hospital Charity, which was set up to raise funds to improve the level of care to patients.
Project architect, Bryan Wybrow, who has undertaken a demanding training programme involving cycling to and from his home in Felixstowe to work, said: “We’ve been in training for six months now, it’s a great team to be part of; really supportive of one another, the cause and the company.”
Director Martyn Goodwin, admitted they were all “pretty nervous” about the challenge ahead of them.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 3 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 4 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 5 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 6 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 7 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 8 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 9 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 10 'He can trust me to do that' - Leigh on his new challenge at Town
“The three days are definitely going to be a struggle but I’m confident that it will also be a fantastic and memorable experience for the team,” he said.
“The cause is a very personal one to KLH Architects; we’ve done a lot of work for Ipswich Hospital in past years and currently we’re designing the hospitals new Oncology Department. We hope that our three days of suffering will go a long way to providing much needed care.”
To support the team, visit www.justgiving.com/KLH-LondonParis