Small Business Sunday recognition from Theo Paphitis for Vanguard Communications and Five Six Blue Boutique
- Credit: Archant
Two businesses which receive support from Suffolk enterprise agency Menta have received Small Business Sunday awards from entrepreneur and former BBC Dragons’ Den star Theo Paphitis.
Small Business Sunday was created by the former “dragon” in 2010, with small business owners invited each Sunday evening to send him a Tweet to describe their business. He then selects six favourites who each receive a re-Tweet, seen by his 500,000 followers.
Among those to have caught his eye are Vanguard Com- munications, from Rickinghall, and Five Six Blue Boutique, based in Bury St Edmunds.
Elaine Bowen of Vanguard said: “It was fantastic for our small business to reach so many people in such a short space of time.”
Helen Miller, who launched online ladies’ fashon boutique Five Six Blue last year, added: “I’m thrilled and encouraged by my win and look forward to the Small Business Sunday winners’ event in February 2016.”
You may also want to watch:
Alex Till, chief executive of Menta, which is based in Bury, said: “My congratulations to Five Six Blue Boutique and Vanguard Communications.
“We recently ran a survey asking Suffolk’s business community what support they most needed from Menta during 2016 and one of the recurrent themes was more marketing support.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?