Society unveils expansion plans
- Credit: Andy Abbott
IPSWICH Building Society unveiled plans to open a new agency in Newmarket in March as it hosted a visit by skills minister Matthew Hancock in Mildenhall.
The society, which has opened an agency at Balmforth Estate Agents in Mildenhall, welcomed the parliamentary under secretary for skills and MP for West Suffolk, who met with the agency’s new team, including three of the society’s recent apprentices.
It plans to set up a similar operation at the Balmforth branch in Newmarket.
Mr Hancock praised the society for its on-going community focus and asked about career opportunities available for young people within the mutual sector. He also took part in a fun ‘job swap’ where he was taught how to process a financial transaction by ex-apprentice Grace Teager, now a customer adviser.
He met customer Geoff Ashton who campaigned for the return of building society services to the town.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hancock said: “I am delighted to see a successful regional business like Ipswich Building Society expanding into the local area.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors