Southwold: Harvey Nichols to stock Adnams spirits
SOUTHWOLD-based Adnams has struck a deal to supply three of its range of vodkas and gins to up-market retailer Harvey Nichols.
Adnams’ First Rate Gin, Longshore Vodka and North Cove Oak-Aged Vodka have been listed in Harvey Nichols Wine Shops throughout the UK.
The spirits, produced at Adnams’ Copper House Distillery which opened in Southwold last year, are available in boxed 500ml bottles in Harvey Nichols’ flagship London store, as well as in its stores in Bristol, Dublin, Manchester, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Leeds.
In addition, two of Harvey Nichols’ bars and restaurants, the Oxo Tower and Prism, both in London, are stocking the larger 70cl bottles.
Simon Kent, brand manager at Adnams, said: “Harvey Nichols is one of the country’s most prestigious retailers and a perfect fit for our range of award-winning spirits. We’re really excited about the partnership and are looking forward to working together in the coming months.”
The Harvey Nichols listing shortly after Adnams First Rate Gin was announced as Best New Product at the annual CLASS Magazine Awards, which took place during London Cocktail Week which runs until Sunday, October 16.
The judge’s said: “Who says brewers can’t make spirits? Not us. Uniquely in the UK, Adnams starts the distilling process with grains which they ferment, distil, rectify and redistill with botanicals to make this excellent gin, from grain to glass.”
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 3 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 4 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 5 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 6 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 7 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 8 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
- 9 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 10 Mike Bacon on the Blues: Quality over quantity, please
The Copper House Distillery forms part of Adnams’ main brewery building in Southwold, occupying an area left redundant following following a refit of the brewery.
A total of three vodkas and two gins were launched when the distillery opened just under a year ago and whisky is also due to become available in about two years’ time following the necessary maturation process.