Southwold: Harvey Nichols to stock Adnams spirits
SOUTHWOLD-based Adnams has struck a deal to supply three of its range of vodkas and gins to up-market retailer Harvey Nichols.
Adnams’ First Rate Gin, Longshore Vodka and North Cove Oak-Aged Vodka have been listed in Harvey Nichols Wine Shops throughout the UK.
The spirits, produced at Adnams’ Copper House Distillery which opened in Southwold last year, are available in boxed 500ml bottles in Harvey Nichols’ flagship London store, as well as in its stores in Bristol, Dublin, Manchester, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Leeds.
In addition, two of Harvey Nichols’ bars and restaurants, the Oxo Tower and Prism, both in London, are stocking the larger 70cl bottles.
Simon Kent, brand manager at Adnams, said: “Harvey Nichols is one of the country’s most prestigious retailers and a perfect fit for our range of award-winning spirits. We’re really excited about the partnership and are looking forward to working together in the coming months.”
You may also want to watch:
The Harvey Nichols listing shortly after Adnams First Rate Gin was announced as Best New Product at the annual CLASS Magazine Awards, which took place during London Cocktail Week which runs until Sunday, October 16.
The judge’s said: “Who says brewers can’t make spirits? Not us. Uniquely in the UK, Adnams starts the distilling process with grains which they ferment, distil, rectify and redistill with botanicals to make this excellent gin, from grain to glass.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
The Copper House Distillery forms part of Adnams’ main brewery building in Southwold, occupying an area left redundant following following a refit of the brewery.
A total of three vodkas and two gins were launched when the distillery opened just under a year ago and whisky is also due to become available in about two years’ time following the necessary maturation process.