Businesses urged to join the Birkett Long £50 Challenge to raise funds for St Helena Hospice in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Businesses have been urged to join this year’s Birkett Long £50 Challenge to raise funds for St Helena Hospice in Colchester.
The challenge sees teams from local businesses given a £50 note, donated by solicitors Birkett Long, and from there they have to use teamwork innovation and creativity to turn it into as much money as possible within a four month period - all money raised is donated to the hospice.
The challenge begins on Friday June 1st and teams have until Sunday September 30th to grow their £50.
Since its inception in 2012, the Birkett Long £50 Challenge has raised more than £230,000 for St Helena Hospice.
Corporate fundraising partnerships manager at St Helena Hospice, Sarah Wilson, said: “We are delighted that the Birkett Long £50 Challenge is back for 2018 and we are looking forward to working with all the teams.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit sthelenahospice.org.uk/BL50 or contact Lizzie Deed on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01206 931468.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day