Stalwarts gain ground in battle for new members
A GROUP set up to support the beleaguered pig industry is hopeful it’s winning its battle to get new members.
At the end of last year, members of Ladies in Pigs East Anglia put out an appeal in EADT County Life for new volunteers, as they feared the group would fold without new blood.
The response has been remarkable, and attendance at the Christmas dinner in November, where group stalwarts Jean Turnbull, past chair, secretary Pauline Butler and chair Jenny Mitchell set to work on their recruitment drive, was “excellent”, said Jean.
Of the 20 additional guests who attended, she believes around 10 will carry on to become new members.
“They all seem very keen. One young girl travelled from Peterborough specially to attend,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I think with our initial support we will get new officers from them.
“We have notified them of the date and venue of the AGM and said how pleased we will be to support them as required,” she said.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
“I feel strongly that new blood will bring in new ideas and take the organisation forward in this region.”
Jean, Pauline and Jenny are hoping that new members will join at their annual general meeting, hosted by Dick and Jenny Mitchell.
It takes place on March 18 at 7pm at Oak Farm The Heywood. Diss, IP22 5TB.
If you’re interested in finding out more about joining Ladies In Pigs East Anglia, you can contact either Jean, Jenny or Pauline at: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or phone Jenny at 01379 642520.