- Credit: Archant
More than 230 people showed their support for Colchester’s livestock market at a charity dinner.
The Annual Stanfords Primestock Dinner, which took place at the Weston Homes Community Stadium on Thursday, January 26, raised £1905, split evenly between three charities - St Helena Hospice, Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RABI) and CLIC Sargent.
The overall winners from Stanfords’ Christmas primestock show were presented with their awards.
Rita Parker collected the Olivers Perpetual Trophy for the Champion Beast and Gerald Ketley picked up the champion sheep award.
Stanfords partner Graham Ellis said they were “delighted” to see a large number of people, including hauliers, consignors and buyers from all over East Anglia at the dinner
You may also want to watch:
“The quality of the stock entered in this year’s show was second to none and was a good example of the high quality of animals being produced by East Anglian farmers,” he said.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021