Stansted: Airport owner MAG unveils restaurant and bar line-up for new-look terminal
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Airport owner MAG has unveiled the line-up of restaurant, bar and café operators for the airport’s revamped passenger terminal.
Well-known names including Burger King, Pret A Manger, Starbucks and JD Wetherspoon will be joined in the new-look departure lounge by a range of new and up-coming brands ? the successful bidders chosen from among more than 70 tenders for the 12 available units.
They will also include: James Martin Kitchen, the celebrity chef’s premium bakery brand; itsu, the Asian food concept which has flaship restaurants in Chelsea and Notting Hill and around 50 shops across central London; speciality coffee business Harris + Hoole; family restaurant chain Giraffe, fizz bar Halo; fast food operator Leon; American dining experience Coast to Coast and fine wines and food brand Cabin.
The first phase of the new departure lounge development, part of an £80million transformation of the passenger terminal at Stansted, will open to customers later this month.
The new Burger King will open for business later this year with the remaining cafés, bars and restaurants following in spring 2015. In adition, an M&S Simply Food outlet will open for business in November 2014, located at International Arrivals ? ideal for passengers returning home and wanting to pick some treats or essentials.
You may also want to watch:
Beth Brewster, MAG retail director, said: “We’re not just giving Stansted a make-over; this is a multi-million pound investment to create contemporary, convenient, innovative and stylish terminal facilities.
“I’m sure all our passengers will be thrilled to see the new and exciting range of cafes, bars and restaurants that have secured their part in this exciting development. We’ve listened to what passengers want and really hope they will all be delighted with the choices on offer.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
She added: “We’re not over the finish line yet and are about to go out to tender for the final phase which will be home to both high street and high end retail fashion.
“Interest is already coming in from within the industry and having taken note of what passengers are saying we also know the types of styles and brands they will be hoping to see and will work hard to deliver an exciting range for our customers.”
The new food and beverage options are being located in one dedicated area nearest the exit points to departure gates so that passengers can relax, safe in the knowledge they are as close as they can be for when gate numbers are announced.
Flight status display screens are also being installed in all cafés, bars and restaurants as well as in the general seating area.