Stansted: easyJet to add Marrakech, Sharm el Sheikh and Sofia routes
BUDGET airline easyJet today announced plans begin flying on three longer routes out of Stansted next year, to Marrakech, Sharm el Sheikh and Sofia.
The low-cost carrier will also move larger A320 aircraft to Stansted, providing a capacity of 180 seats on the new routes.
From February 15, easyJet will fly year-round to Marrakech three times a week, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It will also operate a year-round twice weekly service to Sharm el Sheikh on Thursday and Sunday, starting on February 17.
The new Sofia route will operate twice a week on Tuesday and Saturday, with the first flight on the February 16.
Nick Barton, Stansted’s managing director, said: “Today’s announcement is fantastic news for both easyJet and Stansted Airport and will provide passengers with even greater choice and more exciting destinations.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re delighted to add Sharm el-Sheikh and Sofia to our scheduled route network for the first time as well as seeing a welcome return of Marrakesh as we believe there is a real and significant demand for flights to these destinations.
“Stansted and easyJet have enjoyed a long and successful partnership and have already flown over 55 million passengers together,” he added.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
“With our commitment to help passengers reach their destination on-time with the minimum of fuss coupled with easyJet’s excellent fares and great service, I’m sure these exciting new routes will prove to be very popular with passengers and a great addition to our route network.”
Flights on the new easyJet routes out of Stansted will go on sale on Thursday, November 1.