Stansted: easyJet to add Marrakech, Sharm el Sheikh and Sofia routes
BUDGET airline easyJet today announced plans begin flying on three longer routes out of Stansted next year, to Marrakech, Sharm el Sheikh and Sofia.
The low-cost carrier will also move larger A320 aircraft to Stansted, providing a capacity of 180 seats on the new routes.
From February 15, easyJet will fly year-round to Marrakech three times a week, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It will also operate a year-round twice weekly service to Sharm el Sheikh on Thursday and Sunday, starting on February 17.
The new Sofia route will operate twice a week on Tuesday and Saturday, with the first flight on the February 16.
Nick Barton, Stansted’s managing director, said: “Today’s announcement is fantastic news for both easyJet and Stansted Airport and will provide passengers with even greater choice and more exciting destinations.
“We’re delighted to add Sharm el-Sheikh and Sofia to our scheduled route network for the first time as well as seeing a welcome return of Marrakesh as we believe there is a real and significant demand for flights to these destinations.
“Stansted and easyJet have enjoyed a long and successful partnership and have already flown over 55 million passengers together,” he added.
- 1 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 2 'Inspiring and brilliant' Suffolk pilot, 21, died from an infected insect sting
- 3 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 4 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 5 Much-loved Stowmarket shop to re-open at new premises
- 6 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Woman rescued after being swept out to sea off Suffolk coast
- 9 New grazing restaurant opening on Suffolk high street this week
- 10 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
“With our commitment to help passengers reach their destination on-time with the minimum of fuss coupled with easyJet’s excellent fares and great service, I’m sure these exciting new routes will prove to be very popular with passengers and a great addition to our route network.”
Flights on the new easyJet routes out of Stansted will go on sale on Thursday, November 1.