Stansted: Thomas Cook Airlines adds eight routes to summer schedule using new Airbus A321
- Credit: Archant
Thomas Cook Airlines has added a brand new Airbus A321 aircraft to its operations at Stansted as part of an expansion which includes the addition of eight new routes.
New Thomas Cook destinations for this summer include Corfu, Fuerteventura, Heraklion, Izmir, Kefalonia, Kos, Rhodes and Skiathos, with frequencies also being increased on routes to a number of other popular resorts.
The first arrival of the new aircraft ? which means that, from June, Thomas Cook will be operating two A321s from Stansted, in place of the older A320 model ? was marked by the cutting of a celebratory cake for customers at check-in and traditional water cannons upon its departure, to Antalya in Turkey.
Christoph Debus, chief executive at Thomas Cook Airlines, said: “It’s great news for our customers departing from London Stansted Airport this summer as we celebrate the addition of one of our new aircraft as we grow our presence at the airport.
“With more flights, more holidays and a more frequent service to the most popular resorts, those holidaymakers in the East and South East of England looking to travel to more destinations from their local airport can now experience our brand new aircraft and increased comfort during their flight.”
Stansted Airport’s managing director, Andrew Harrison, added: “Thomas Cook Airlines are a very important partner at Stansted Airport and the introduction of the new larger A321 aircraft into service and launch of eight new routes is fantastic news for passengers across London, the eastern region and wider South East.
“Equally exciting is recent news that long-haul flights to Orlando, Cancun and Las Vegas will be introduced by the airline next year.
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 A12 closed as air ambulance called to crash involving three lorries
- 5 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 6 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 7 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 8 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 9 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 10 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
“Thomas Cook Airlines clearly recognise the untapped potential at Stansted and we look forward to giving them our full support as they grow their route network here.”