Stansted-Washington route delayed
Low-cost business-class airline MAXjet has postponed the launch of its new transatlantic service between Stansted and Washington by three weeks.The new route to Washington's Dulles International Airport was to have been introduced on March 15 but the start of flights has been put off until April 4 as a result of a delay in fitting out the aircraft involved.
Low-cost business-class airline MAXjet has postponed the launch of its new transatlantic service between Stansted and Washington by three weeks.
The new route to Washington's Dulles International Airport was to have been introduced on March 15 but the start of flights has been put off until April 4 as a result of a delay in fitting out the aircraft involved.
MAXjet, which has been flying between Stansted and New York's John F Kennedy International Airport since November, will operate the Washington service on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, with lights leaving Stansted at 1pm. The return flight from Washington will depart at 7.30 pm, arriving Stansted at 8:30am the next day.
Gary Rogliano, chief executive of MAXjet said: “The extensive re-fit of the aircraft has led to a slight delay in delivery. However, we now have possession of the aircraft and are carrying out the final inspections.
You may also want to watch:
“Our priority is to ensure that we create the most comfortable wide body aircraft in commercial service and go beyond our customers' expectations for our low-fare business-class service.”
Mark Pendlington, communications director, BAA Stansted, added: “The launch of MAXjet's Washington service is another fantastic boost for London Stansted and is sure to be as popular with passengers, both in the US and UK, as the New York route launched last November.”
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 4 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 5 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons