Suffolk vintage car specialists snap up American spares business
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk specialist motor engineers Belcher Engineering has acquired the stock of Ultimate Spares of America and hopes it will lead to growth.
The family-fun business, established more than 40 years ago, specialises in vintage, classic and historic vehicle restoration.
Now Belcher has acquired Ultimate Spares of America and moved its stock of Ford, Dodge, General Motors, Chrysler and Buick parts from Wymondham to Rickinghall.
The deal will see Belcher expand into the American historic vehicle genre, said managing director Gary Miller.
“The addition of Ultimate Spares of America to our portfolio allows us to move quickly into the later American classics and even modern vehicles from the USA.
You may also want to watch:
“Our workshop team already has significant experience working on early American vehicles, but the addition of the car parts business will help round out our business in this area and provide a better platform for expansion in the future.”
As part of the transition, Martin Mumford the former managing director of Ultimate Spares, will be working at Belcher.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 6 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 7 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 8 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 9 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 10 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
Belcher Engineering currently employs 10 people.
The company will now be developing a car spares website, and improving their online presence.