Suffolk vintage car specialists snap up American spares business
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk specialist motor engineers Belcher Engineering has acquired the stock of Ultimate Spares of America and hopes it will lead to growth.
The family-fun business, established more than 40 years ago, specialises in vintage, classic and historic vehicle restoration.
Now Belcher has acquired Ultimate Spares of America and moved its stock of Ford, Dodge, General Motors, Chrysler and Buick parts from Wymondham to Rickinghall.
The deal will see Belcher expand into the American historic vehicle genre, said managing director Gary Miller.
“The addition of Ultimate Spares of America to our portfolio allows us to move quickly into the later American classics and even modern vehicles from the USA.
“Our workshop team already has significant experience working on early American vehicles, but the addition of the car parts business will help round out our business in this area and provide a better platform for expansion in the future.”
As part of the transition, Martin Mumford the former managing director of Ultimate Spares, will be working at Belcher.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 6 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 7 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 8 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 9 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 10 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
Belcher Engineering currently employs 10 people.
The company will now be developing a car spares website, and improving their online presence.