Stoke by Nayland: Golf, hotel and spa business celebrates four-star AA rating
- Credit: Archant
Managers and staff at Stoke-by-Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa are celebrating the award of a four-star rating for the hotel by the AA.
The accolade reflects both the high standard of the hotel’s facilities and the quality of the service provided by its staff.
It comes hard on the heels of a second AA rosette recently awarded to the family-owned firm’s restaurant, The Lakes, in recognition of its food and drink offer.
Susanna Rendall, managing director, said: “Achieving four star AA rating reflects the investment and enhancements we have made in recent years to offer our guests an even more luxurious experience when they visit.
“We pride ourselves on our excellent standards and personal attention to detail and this is a fantastic reward for everyone’s hard work.”
You may also want to watch:
Stoke-by-Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa is set in 300 acres of land within a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the Suffolk/Essex border.
It features two 18-hole championship golf courses, a state-of-the-art fitness centre and spa, extensive conference and banqueting suites and 80 contemporary style bedrooms.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
There are also five self-catered country lodges in the grounds that were completed last year.
The second AA rosette for its restaurant puts it in the top 5% nationally.
The team at the restaurant prides itself in using local seasonal produce, including apples, berries and asparagus which are grown on the hotel owners’ adjacent family farm.
The golf, hotel and spa business, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, is part of a family-owned business which has been farming in the area for more than 70 years.
The family also created the Copella farm-pressed apple juice business which was sold to Tropicana UK in 1997.