Stowmarket: Digital agency Orbital Media wins OTC Marketing Award for Sudocrem campaign
- Credit: Archant
Social media and digital agency Orbital Media was among the winners at the 2014 Over The Counter Marketing Awards for non-prescription health products.
Orbital, which is based in Stowmarket, won the Best Campaign in Digital and Social Media category for a “virtual treasure hunt” designed to support television advertising for Sudocrem antiseptic healing cream.
Other finalists in the category included campaigns for Benadryl from Johnson & Johnson, Lemsip from Reckitt Benckiser and Bio-Oil from Godrej UK.
Orbital’s social media campaign, run alongside Sudocrem’s “For all of life’s little dramas” television adverts, involved an application embedded within the Sudocrem Facebook page which allowed users to select from 40,000 squares, spread across four themed maps, to reveal hidden prizes.
One of the award judges said: “A simple yet highly-effective digital campaign for Sudocrem produced very clear outcomes and return on investment, coupled with excellent audience engagement and strong key message delivery.
You may also want to watch:
“What I loved about Sudocrem’s campaign was the creativity of the methods used to reach the key audience and then tap into this audience to further expand the brand’s reach.”
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash