Stowmarket: Muntons makes final in national sustainability award
A MALT firm is tasting success for its commitment to sustainability after making it to the finals of a national competition.
Muntons, the malt manufacturer Munton, based in Stowmarket, is one of six firms shortlisted for the manufacturer of the year award for sustainability by The Manufacturer magazine. The winner will be announced on November 9.
Muntons has pledged to make all its malt low carbon by 2015, is developing a cereals farming carbon footprint calculator, provides support to local schools on sustainability education and is reducing carbon footprint in baked goods by carefully tailoring the ingredients.
The firm’s manufacturing and technical director, Dr Nigel Davies welcomed the accolade.
“Muntons view it as a great accolade to once again be listed as a company promoting sustainability,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“To us it isn’t just being green – we already rank 13th in the Sunday Times Green List. For this award we had to demonstrate real leadership with our staff, the community and supply chain from farm to brewer, distiller, baker and food producer.
“We are a relatively small company globally, but with an ever widening influence in a very practical and committed manner that positions us alongside the very best of UK and International companies.”
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune