Stuart Inns Group raises cash for Macmillan Cancer Support with Hadleigh-Lavenham-Long Melford charity walk
- Credit: Archant
Chefs from the Long Melford Swan, Hadleigh Ram and Lavenham Greyhound swapped their aprons for walking boots as they joined 22 staff and customers for an 18 mile charity walk.
The walk, which started at the Hadleigh Ram with a pit stop for refreshments at the Lavenham Greyhound before ending up at the Long Melford Swan with a Champagne reception, raised £3,900 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Lorna Pissarro, sales and marketing director at the Stuart Inns Group, which runs the three restaurants, said: “The restaurant ramble was a huge success this year and I’m delighted we were able to beat last year’s target.
“It’s been a great opportunity for our staff and customers from each of the restaurants to come together and raise money for such a worthy cause.
“I would like to thank all our sponsors, supporters and everyone who took on the 18 mile challenge in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.”
You may also want to watch:
A number of local businesses also supported the ramblers by sponsoring a mile and Jack Cardy, of JC Personal Training, kicked off the morning with a special warm up session.
Sponsors included: Keith Avis Printers, South Suffolk Leisure, Hall Street, Long Melford and Hadleigh, Fairfields Farm Crisps, Amor Interiors, Lady Bakewell-Park, Hadley’s of Lavenham, Forest Recruitment, Musks Sausages, Maids of Melford and Greene King.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
Additional support and donations of food and services were received from QD Stores (Cherry Lane Garden Centre), Fisher & Woods, Hildon Water and Indigo Ross Printing.