Study looks into working life of rams in commercial sheep flocks
- Credit: citizenside.com
The National Sheep Association (NSA) is urging sheep farmers contribute a little of their time to a study into the working life and cost of rams in commercial sheep flocks.
A team of sheep consultants will investigate. The project involves an online survey to gather views from a large number of producers, and in-depth focus group meetings of 10 producers.
“This study is a great opportunity for us to pin down some actual data on how long rams are lasting on commercial farms,” said sheep consultant Lesley Stubbings.
“Ultimately, we want farmers to not only get the most out of their investment but also feel confident they can pay for improved genetics and know it will pay dividends over the lifetime of the ram.
“To achieve this we need help from commercial farmers.”
You may also want to watch:
Complete the survey at www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ramlongevity or contact NSA to find out more at 01684 892661.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 7 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k