Sudbury-based MEL Group acquires Sensorcom
- Credit: Archant
The MEL Group, the Sudbury-based provider of engineering solutions to the aerospace, defence and industrial sectors, has acquired Sensorcom Ltd, a specialist in in-ear communication and hearing protection products.
Sensorcom, which is based in London, has invested heavily in research and development to create a range of products and software solutions which combine hearing protection with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology which manipulates different types of information including sound and images.
The acquisiion of the company by MEL, for an undisclosed sum, adds to the Suffolk company’s growing expertise in communications, alongside Clement Clark Communications and Flycom Avionics – both based in West Sussex – which it acquired earlier this yer.
MEL Group managing director Gary Harvey said:“We are using the engineering expertise we have acquired in the aerospace supply sector to diversify into other areas where there are synergies of supply and this is what we see as our global strength.
“There are many uses for this technology today particularly in a world where health and safety issues, increasing general security and a growing need for better defence are all generating increased demand for upgraded audio and hearing equipment.”
You may also want to watch:
In July this year, MEL won the Family Business category of the EADT Business Awards, and was also runner-up for the overall Business of the Year title.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich