Suffolk: Adnams ale gets name check in best-selling Fifty Shades of Grey follow-up Fifty Shades Darker
A SUFFOLK beer is finding fame in a best-selling erotic novel.
The Southwold brewer, Adnams, is mentioned in Fifty Shades Darker, the second book of the trilogy written by British author E L James.
A spokeswoman for Adnams said: “A lot of people have told us that Adnams is mentioned in Fifty Shades Darker.
“In the book, the main characters visit a bar in Seattle because it sells Adnams Explorer. As a result, some of our outlets in London have had American tourists ask if they stock our beer.
“There are no plans to rename the beer Sexplorer, but it’s good to be name-checked in an international bestseller.”
You may also want to watch:
The other books in the trilogy are Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Freed. The steamy series has sold around 20 million copies worldwide, and has set the record as the fastest-selling paperback of all time surpassing the Harry Potter series.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 8 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 9 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14