Suffolk: Adnams and St Peter’s among winners at EDP Business Awards
SUFFOLK brewers Adnams and St Peter’s were both among the winners at the 2012 Eastern Daily Press Business Awards.
Southwold-based Adnams won the Online Performance Award, in recognition of its project to bring together the web-based presence of its retail, pubs, beers, wines, spirits, hotels and tours businesses under a common look and branding.
And St Peter’s, based at St Peter South Elmham, near Bungay, received the International Enterprise Award for its success in developing new bottled beers tailored to specific overseas markets, including a gluten-free beer for the American market.
The awards – being held by the EDP, a sister-title to the East Anglian Daily Times, for the 24th time this year – were held at the Lancaster Suite at the Holiday Inn Norwich North, with the presentation ceremony hosted by BBC Look East presenter Stewart White.
The evening featured a Big Top Circus theme, with acrobats and magicians wowing the crowds before the winning firms were unveiled.
EDP editor Nigel Pickover told the audience that the awards were a celebration of “the very best companies across our region”.
The overall Business of the Year title, chosen from among the category winners, was self-propelled sprayer manufacturer Sands Agricultural Machinery, based at Stalham.
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 6 Award-winning scotch egg producer takes over Melton butchers shop
- 7 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 8 West Suffolk Mexican restaurant named among best in the UK
- 9 Suffolk dog-friendly hotel named one of the best in the UK
- 10 6 gorgeous woodland escapes in Suffolk
Also honoured at the event was Norwich Theatre Royal chief executive Peter Wilson, who received the Denise Anderson Award in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the local economy and for his dedication and commitment to the cultural fabric of the region.