Suffolk: Adnams and St Peter’s among winners at EDP Business Awards
SUFFOLK brewers Adnams and St Peter’s were both among the winners at the 2012 Eastern Daily Press Business Awards.
Southwold-based Adnams won the Online Performance Award, in recognition of its project to bring together the web-based presence of its retail, pubs, beers, wines, spirits, hotels and tours businesses under a common look and branding.
And St Peter’s, based at St Peter South Elmham, near Bungay, received the International Enterprise Award for its success in developing new bottled beers tailored to specific overseas markets, including a gluten-free beer for the American market.
The awards – being held by the EDP, a sister-title to the East Anglian Daily Times, for the 24th time this year – were held at the Lancaster Suite at the Holiday Inn Norwich North, with the presentation ceremony hosted by BBC Look East presenter Stewart White.
The evening featured a Big Top Circus theme, with acrobats and magicians wowing the crowds before the winning firms were unveiled.
You may also want to watch:
EDP editor Nigel Pickover told the audience that the awards were a celebration of “the very best companies across our region”.
The overall Business of the Year title, chosen from among the category winners, was self-propelled sprayer manufacturer Sands Agricultural Machinery, based at Stalham.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
Also honoured at the event was Norwich Theatre Royal chief executive Peter Wilson, who received the Denise Anderson Award in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the local economy and for his dedication and commitment to the cultural fabric of the region.