Suffolk and Essex estate agent Fenn Wright acquires Taylor and Company of Chelmsford
- Credit: Fenn Wright
An East Anglian estate agent and chartered surveyors is celebrating further expansion after acquiring an Essex-based business.
Fenn Wright snapped up long-established Chelmsford chartered surveyor Taylor and Company for an undisclosed sum, bringing together the combined talents of both independent firms.
The expanded business will cover all aspects of commercial property agency and professional work across Essex and Suffolk.
Taylor and Company will continue to trade as a specialist commercial office and industrial agency practice as part of the Fenn Wright Group, based at Fenn Wright’s existing Chelmsford offices.
Former Taylor and Company director James Wills and his team of four will continue to serve new and existing instructions under the Taylor and Company banner, while fellow director Chris Maxey is retiring from the practice but will remain as a consultant.
Roger Hayward, senior partner of Fenn Wright, said: “We are delighted to have acquired the highly reputable practice of Taylor and Company and greatly appreciate the addition of James Will’s knowledge and expertise which will complement and strengthen our commercial division.
“Together the two practices will be able to provide a broader spread of services to a wider range of clients across the region.
- 1 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 2 'Inspiring and brilliant' Suffolk pilot, 21, died from an infected insect sting
- 3 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 4 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 5 Much-loved Stowmarket shop to re-open at new premises
- 6 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Woman rescued after being swept out to sea off Suffolk coast
- 9 New grazing restaurant opening on Suffolk high street this week
- 10 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
“The acquisition of Taylor and Company is in line with our strategy of strengthening our presence in the main regional centres and offering all our clients a wider range of specialist property services.”
Mr Wills said: “I am delighted to have reached this agreement with Fenn Wright which secures the long-term future of our business and provides an enhanced range of services and advice to our clients.”
In January 2017 Fenn Wright opened its new Sudbury branch on Market Hill in January of this year, and in the latter part of 2016 acquired long-established independent Sudbury estate agent, Thorntons, adding Thorntons properties into its growing portfolio in and around the popular market town.
The firm is an independently owned partnership and has eight offices in Sudbury, Chelmsford, Witham, Stanway, Colchester, Manningtree, Ipswich and Kesgrave, employing more than 130 people.