Go Ape is climbing high with new schools award
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk-based Go Ape has scooped the title UK’s Best Attraction in the 2019 School Travel Awards.
The adventure business, established in 2001, was also named as finalist in the Best Education/Learning Team of the Year.
The awards ceremony recognised the people and companies behind inspiring school trips.
Go Ape! saw off stiff competition from the likes of Legoland Windsor, Alton Towers and The Eden Project.
Rebecca Mayhew founder of Go Ape said: "This is the third year running we've won at these awards.
You may also want to watch:
"It's really nice to be recognised by school children and teachers alike who have an amazing experience when they come on a Go Ape school trip."
Ms Mayhew said GoApe had welcomed more than 53,000 students to its sites around the country this year.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
Activities operate in all seasons and weathers, ranging from zip treks to ground-based teamwork activities.
Based in Bury St Edmunds, Go Ape has developed forest adventures and created more than 1,000 jobs across the UK and USA.