Go Ape is climbing high with new schools award
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk-based Go Ape has scooped the title UK’s Best Attraction in the 2019 School Travel Awards.
The adventure business, established in 2001, was also named as finalist in the Best Education/Learning Team of the Year.
The awards ceremony recognised the people and companies behind inspiring school trips.
Go Ape! saw off stiff competition from the likes of Legoland Windsor, Alton Towers and The Eden Project.
Rebecca Mayhew founder of Go Ape said: "This is the third year running we've won at these awards.
"It's really nice to be recognised by school children and teachers alike who have an amazing experience when they come on a Go Ape school trip."
Ms Mayhew said GoApe had welcomed more than 53,000 students to its sites around the country this year.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 3 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 4 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 5 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 6 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 7 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 8 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 9 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 10 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
Activities operate in all seasons and weathers, ranging from zip treks to ground-based teamwork activities.
Based in Bury St Edmunds, Go Ape has developed forest adventures and created more than 1,000 jobs across the UK and USA.