Suffolk-based natural skincare products brand Odylique opens its first shop in Mildenhall
- Credit: Archant
Mother-and-daughter team Margaret and Abi Weeds, who have been producing natural and organic skincare, haircare and makeup products for more than a decade, have opened their first shop.
They launched their business, Odylique, in 2003, although mum Margaret – who has qualifications in herbal medicine and aromatherapy – first began formulating natural skincare products in the 1980s for daughter Abi whose skin was prone to eczema.
Although originally operating under the name Essential Care they recently rebranded as Odylique, the new identity being derived from an Old Norse word meaning “power of nature”.
Already selling online and through a network of independent stockists, they have now also launched their own bricks-and-mortar store, alongside their production facility in Gregory Road, Mildenhall.
Their formulations are free from artificial additives and common allergens and are certified as organic by the Soil Association.
You may also want to watch:
They are also cruelty-free and free from palm oil, the extraction of which is a major contributor to deforestation.
The product range includes cleansers, moisturisers and sun protection, shower gels, soap bars and shampoos, and makeup including concealers, mascara, eye shadow and lipstick.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'