Suffolk-based Poundfield Products supplies coastal defence contractor in Scotland
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk-based concrete products manufacturer Poundfield has secured another major order for coastal defence work.
Poundfield, based at Creeting St Peter, near Stowmarket,has delivered 43 of its pre-stressed interlocking L-Blocs for part of a project being carried out by client Hart Builders at Cockenzie, on the Firth of Forth on the east coast of Scotland.
This follows closely on a deal to supply 1,800 precast panels for sea defences forming part of a wider seafront regeneration at Whitley Bay, North Tyneside.
Tim Evans, director for bespoke products at Poundfield, said coastal work was “becoming a real strength” for the company, with the Scottish project having involved an added twist in the form of a major design change – through nobody’s fault – about half way through.
“I’m pleased to say that our external engineers managed to react swiftly to overcome the problem and incorporated the seven units already cast into the new design; saving our the client any additional costs and delays,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Bass, contracts manager at Hart Builders, said: “We were pleased to have engaged with Poundfield Products to design, manufacture and supply the L-shaped sea wall precast units at our project in Cockenzie, East Lothian.
“This, I believe, is the first time we’ve installed a sea wall barrier and we were happy to have been able to rely on much more experienced suppliers to guide us through this process.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 3 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 4 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
“The team at Poundfield made the process seem effortless and we are delighted to report that the sea wall has been installed and completed to our, and our client’s, satisfaction.”
Poundfield, which was founded in 1999, operates across a growing range of market sectors with its core brand being Alfabloc, an A-shaped retaining system developed as a versatile, freestanding and structural wall element for agriculture and waste management.