Suffolk Chamber International event to focus on trade with the United States
- Credit: David Garrad
Suffolk Chamber International, the overseas trade arm of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, is hosting a Doing Business in the USA event on Wednesday, September 27.
The event, taking place at Kesgrave Hall, near Ipswich, from 9am to 11am, is aimed and firms interested in either exporting to or importing from the United States.
Emanuel Adam, policy and trade director of leading transatlantic business organisation BritishAmerican Business, will be the keynote speaker.
He will be joined by Charles Macdowell, UK Representative of the Hampton Roads region of Virginia, who will be focusing on exporting to Suffolk, Virginia, where Suffolk Chamber has already established a number of good business contacts, and Ian Selby, retail market manager of water filter manufacturer Icon Lifesaver who will be speaking about his experiences of breaking into the US market.
Jim Fanshawe, Suffolk Chamber International’s manager, said: “The World Bank ranks the USA seventh in its Ease of Doing Business assessment. Add to that the common language, positive relationships, the largest economy and largest market in the world and it is easy to see why the USA is the UK’s largest export market.
You may also want to watch:
“However, none of that means it is easy to succeed over the pond or that it doesn’t have its own complexities. Each state has its own procedures and legislation, not to mention huge cultural and sector differences.
“Having this excellent trio of knowledgeable and experienced professionals at one event is too good an opportunity to miss for anyone considering selling into and buying from the USA. I know that the insights and advice on offer will be of long-term value to everyone who attends.”
For further details and to book, visit www.suffolkchamber.co.uk/events-networking/suffolk-chamber-events/doing-business-in-the-usa.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown