Suffolk: Chamber reveals ‘Business is Good for Suffolk’ theme for 2014
The value of entrepreneurship to the wider community is to be highlighted in Suffolk Chamber of Commerce’s annual campaign for the coming year.
The “Business is Good for Suffolk” theme for 2014 follows on from the past year’s “Exporting is Good for Suffolk” campaign which received a personal endorsement from Prime Minister David Cameron.
It also aims to build on the “Business is Good for Britain” campaign already launched by the national British Chambers of Commerce organisation, of which Suffolk Chamber is an accredited member.
“There is no doubt that, as we enter 2014, firms across the county are experiencing a great deal of optimism,” said John Dugmore, chief executive of Suffolk Chamber.
“Their hard work and entrepreneurial spirit has laid strong foundations for the Suffolk economy to go from strength to strength in the year ahead.”
Mr Dugmore said that this year’s “Exporting is Good for Suffolk” campaign had highlighted the success of local companies in exporting across the European Union and around the world.
“In 2014, our campaign and our message is simple but is more powerful than ever,” he continued. “The ‘Business is Good for Suffolk’ themed year will show how businesses and their contribution to the economy goes much further than just the business community.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 3 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 7 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 8 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 9 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 10 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
“A strong, thriving and growing business sector has a knock-on effect on the daily lives of everyone living in, working in and visiting our county and this campaign is all about highlighting that. For example, as we enter the New Year, many people will be thinking about warmer weather and booking their holidays in the summer.
“The Suffolk tourist industry is an integral part of the county’s success and brings jobs and livelihoods to thousands of people every year.
“ ‘Business in Good for Suffolk’ is all about highlighting that and ensuring we all benefit in as many ways as possible.”
For Suffolk Chamber and the county’s business community in general, 2013 ended on a high with the announcement that the Government was reversing its proposals to toll a section of the A14, the county’s main road link with the Midlands and the North, when it is upgraded.
“The Suffolk business community has shown with the ‘No Toll Tax on Suffolk’ campaign that, working together, it can achieve great things for the county,” Mr Dugmore added.
“We want to keep these partnerships together moving into 2014 and show that wherever you live and whatever you do business is good for Suffolk.”