Suffolk dogs have their day
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of Suffolk Dog Day, which takes place on Sunday at Helmingham Hall and Gardens near Debenham, have attracted 22 event sponsors.
The event, now in its seventh year, which has been dubbed “the canine social event of the year”, has so far raised £285,000 for the Suffolk Community Foundation, an independent grant-making charity.
Southwold brewer Adnams is again principal sponsor, a position it has held for the last three years, alongside Shadwell Stud of Newmarket.
Bolton Bros has come on board this year for the first time to assist with the 21,000 litres of waste generated each year at the event, which attracts more than 8,000 visitors.
“Many traders come back year after year as they genuinely say that they absolutely love the day, feel it is very well organised, is held in the most glorious setting and they enjoy meeting all the people and their dogs,” said George Keates, who is involved in organising traders at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Activities include dog scurries, dog classes, live music at the ‘Doggytude’ stage and more than 80 stalls. A dedicated Kids Activity Arena will have bungee trampolining, go-karting, bouncy castles and a giant inflatable slide.
For more information about the event, visit www.suffolkdogday.com.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 8 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine