Suffolk: EADT Future50 launch shines spotlight on growth potential
- Credit: Lucy Taylo
Suffolk’s most promising up-and-coming businesses were celebrated today at the launch of the EADT’s 2013 Future50.
The listing, now in its second year, identifies independent firms which have been assessed by a panel of judges as having exceptional potential to drive the the county’s economic recovery through business growth and job creation.
Today’s event, held at University Campus Suffolk in Ipswich, was hosted by EADT business editor Duncan Brodie, with the speakers also including Andrew Wilson, head of enterprise services at business support agency NWES, which is lead partner for the Future50.
Guest speaker at the event was John Balch, executive chairman of Lowestoft-based Scour Prevention Systems, which is among the businesses to have retained their place in the Future50 for a second year.
The company was also the winner of the One to Watch category, sponsoed by NWES and open exclusively to Future50 companies, in this year’s EADT Business Awards.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Balch said the company’s inclusion in the Future50 and its success in winning the One to Watch award had helped it raise its profile in the offshore sector at an important stage in its development, including a new round of funding.
Also at the breakfast-time launch event, to which all 2013 Future50 businesses were invited, were representatives from the EADT’s other Future50 partners, accountants Lovewell Blake and law firm Birketts.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
Full details of this year’s Future50 can also be found online at www.suffolk-future50.co.uk/ .