Suffolk/Essex: Region’s pork hits Hong Kong
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
PIG farmers from Suffolk and Essex will be among those taking part in a major food and hospitality trade show in Hong Kong next month.,
Premium UK beef, lamb and pork producers, including Mark Hayward of Dingley Dell, Campsea Ashe, Woodbridge, and Fergus Howie of Wicks Manor, Tolleshunt Major, Maldon, will be on a stand at HOFEX from May 7 to 10 with the support of levy payers’ organisations EBLEX and BPEX and UK Trade and Investment.
EBLEX and BPEX export manager Jean-Pierre Garnier said: “Hong Kong is an important market for the UK – in 2011 goods worth more than £5bn were traded and there is scope for expanding that.”
“As part of the show, we will be sponsoring the main cookery competition, trade receptions and, it is hoped, a visit by a Government minister.
“This is a wonderful opportunity to take quality products to an economy which is larger than that of New Zealand.”
You may also want to watch:
Hong Kong is seen as a wealthy area which will be attracted to the premium end of the market.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 9 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s