Suffolk family’s nostalgic tale wins starring role in Kellogg’s Corn Flakes advert
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk farming family has been selected to star in a TV advertising campaign telling the nation when they eat their “perfect bowl” of breakfast cereal.
Glenn Buckingham, who manages a farm in Framsden, near Framlingham, appears with his wife Jeannie and daughters Laura and Annie, in Kellogg’s latest advert for Corn Flakes. For the past year, the cereal company has been asking the nation how they eat their Corn Flakes – the new adverts are asking when.
The family was picked from hundreds of applicants after proving they were among the biggest fans of the breakfast cereal. Kellogg’s said it was the family’s “nostalgic Corn Flakes tale that won them the gig”.
Describing how her childhood was spent being woken early for a bowl of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes, 28-year-old Annie, said: “My dad would always be up early to tend to the farm, and wake us up having a bowl of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes.
“We always had a huge family size box in the house growing up, now mum and dad live there on their own they have downsized, so it was really nostalgic opening a big box when we were filming. It was lovely to have the crew on the farm, it was a really fun shoot – quite bizarre having a film crew in your kitchen.”
In October, a film crew visited on the farm house kitchen to capture the Corn Flakes debate – ensuring they captured early riser Glenn in his tractor at 6am after eating his perfect bowl.
Annie, added: “We are really excited to see it on TV over Christmas as it will be a really great surprise to our friends and family – move over Queen’s speech, the Buckingham family are going to be on the television.”
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 6 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 7 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 8 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
The ad campaign features eight real families, friends and work colleagues talking about when they eat their “perfect bowl” of Corn Flakes.
A Kellogg’s spokesman said: “We have had great fun opening up the Corn Flakes debate and now we want to take it a step further, our cast remind people what they love about this iconic cereal and how it doesn’t just have to be enjoyed at breakfast.
“We have seen a change in how people are eating cereal but also in what they are having for breakfast. Therefore we wanted to capture how our customers are eating Kellogg’s Corn Flakes.”