Suffolk: Global Entrepreneurship Week events aim to inspire new businesses
RUTH Badger, who made her name on TV’s The Apprentice, will be visiting Suffolk next week as part of Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW).
She will be sharing some of her knowledge and experiences at a Suffolk Business Women networking lunch in Bury St Edmunds on Tuesday.
It is one of many events taking place across Suffolk as part of Global Entrepreneurship Week, a worldwide movement of entrepreneurial people.
The events aim to develop and grow new newest businesses, inspire students at schools, colleges and universities and support the area’s many social enterprises, and are being supported by many of the county’s key business leaders and support organisations are involved in events during the week.
Alex Till, chief executive of Menta, the Suffolk enterprise agency, said: “We are starting Global Entrepreneurship Week with an event with Enterprising Acorns in Haverhill. It’s also great that Ruth Badger, such an inspirational business speaker is coming to Suffolk during the week.
You may also want to watch:
“Business leaders and business enterprise agencies have a key role to play in supporting smaller businesses to flourish, and together we can improve the economy of our county.”
Those interested can add their offers of support and advice to an online map at www.gew.org.uk. Likewise those wishing to start or grow a business can use the map to ask for help and practical support. The map is populated via tweets including the #GEWask or #GEWoffer hash tags plus a #location hash tag e.g. #suffolk.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 6 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 7 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 8 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 9 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 10 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
Some of the other events happening during the week in Suffolk include:
Monday, November 14, Haverhill: Enterprising Acorns and Menta are having an “open to the public” morning for aspiring entrepreneurs and existing business owners – a great opportunity to network and meet some of the Acorn Mentors
Monday, November 14 to Frida, November 19: Haverhill Castle Manor Enterprise College and Samuel Ward School are running various events throughout the week
Tuesday, November 15, Stoke by Nayland: Babergh District Council is inviting 100 representatives from middle, high and special schools and youth organisations to attend an” Express Yourself!” event.
In addition, Business Link and Acas East of England are hosting an event for businesses from Norfolk and Suffolk to meet the New Anglia LEP and discover more about its role.
For details of more Global Entrepreneurship Week events visit www.gew.org.uk .