Gotelee Guardian product gets industry recognition
- Credit: Gotelee
Gotelee Solicitors wins UKWA innovation in technology award at annual awards ceremony in London.
Gotelee Solicitors from Suffolk won an innovation in technology award at the annual UK Warehousing Association Awards, held at the Dorchester in London last week.
The award goes to the company that has demonstrated a bold and innovative response to the changing market, by the introduction of new technology, products or processes.
The Gotelee Guardian product safety app has been designed to assist those involved in e-commerce distribution, such as Fulfilment Houses and warehouse keepers, to comply with product safety rules. The app user is taken through a simple series of defined steps to check the safety properties of products that the Fulfilment House or warehouse is handling.
By using the app, fulfilment houses and warehouse keepers can identify products in their possession which do not comply with product safety requirements.
In so doing, fulfilment houses and warehouse keepers can comply with their own product safety obligations to ensure that unsafe products do not leave their premises.
Use of the app generates a clear documented audit trail to demonstrate that a product safety due diligence check has been completed on a specified date and at a specified time.
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 4 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 5 A14 lane closure in Bury St Edmunds after two-car crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 7 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 8 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Suffolk market town will lose its Post Office in June
A report is generated which enables the Fulfilment House and warehouse keeper to then take appropriate action to ensure that unsafe products do not leave the premises.
Gotelee faced tough competition; also nominated were Kardex Remstar, Neopost, Bito Storage and Avery Weigh-Tronix.
UKWA Chief Exec Peter Ward said: “We had an exceptional level of entries this year both in quantity and quality; congratulations to all the worthy finalists.”
Howard Catherall, transport and logistics law partner at Gotelee said: “We’re thrilled to have been selected for this award, having been chosen from such a strong field.”
The award comes at a great time for Gotelee with the Gotelee Guardian App having been launched and available to download from the AppStore and Google Play by the logistics community at large.