Suffolk/ Norfolk: Eastern Enterprise Hub launches Cool 10 programme to help ‘green’ businesses grow
PEOPLE aiming to establish “Green” businesses are being offered support under a new scheme launched by the Eastern Enterprise Hub.
The Cool 10 Environmental Entrepreneurs Programme is a learning and development package for businesses at the start-up or scale-up phase that will benefit the Green economy in Suffolk or Norfolk.
Ten places are available within the first cohort of students, with the programme due to start at the end of this year.
The programme will be delivered by the hub, which is based on the Waterfront in Ipswich, with students learning from the experience of successful entrepreneurs in the sector as well as drawing on the expert knowledge of senior business leaders in the hub’s 5th Floor Club network to focus on their own individual development as an entrepreneur.
Andrea Davies, the hub’s chief executive, said: “The green economy is hugely important in Suffolk and Norfolk with many new businesses being launched in this sector.
You may also want to watch:
“It is vital to support these new enterprises in their early stages to help them establish successfully and accelerate their growth going forward. These new businesses will bring the combined benefits of economic growth and environmental sustainability.”
The Cool 10 programme was welcomed by Mark Pendlington, chairman of the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership’s Green Economy Pathfinder board, and Iain Dunnett, low carbon development manager at Suffolk Chamber of Commerce.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
“Suffolk and Norfolk are well placed to lead the development of the UK’s green economy and we welcome the positive steps that organisations like the Eastern Enterprise Hub are taking to support businesses at the forefront of green economic growth,” said Mr Pendlington.
“Suffolk has long led the way in terms of the green economy and green innovation,” added Mr Dunnett. “Now we are leading the way in terms of specialist enterprise support for environmental entrepreneurs.”
For details on how to apply for a place on the Cool 10 programme, call Digby Chacksfield at the hub on 01473 527100.