Suffolk/Norfolk: Visit East Anglia unveils tourism conference line-up
TRAVEL website Trip Advisor, regional rail operator Greater Anglia and the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership will be among the organisations represented by speakers at Visit East Anglia’s first tourism conference later this month.
The inaugural conference, which is intended to become an annual event, is being held at the DanceEast building on the Waterfront in Ipswich on Thursday, September 27.
Following a summer of events showcasing the UK as a top tourism destination to international audiences, the conference will focus on 2013 and opportunities to keep East Anglia in the spotlight, as well as encouraging tourism businesses to network and share ideas on marketing the region.
Keith Brown, chief executive of Visit East Anglia, said: “This will be the first high profile tourism event East Anglia has seen with high profile keynote speakers.
“It will be a great opportunity for tourism businesses to meet and question some of the sector’s major players who are influential in shaping the future of tourism in the region.
You may also want to watch:
“Delegates will also be given details of the Benjamin Britten Centenary celebrations in 2013 and hear how they can use this major international event in their own marketing.”
On hand to give advice on financial, legal and insurance matters will be the conference’s key sponsors, including Birketts LLP, Larking Gowen, Lloyds TSB and Ryan Insurance. A number of Norfolk and Suffolk MPs are also expected to attend.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 6 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
Places at the event, which runs from 11am to 3.45pm, cost �19 plus VAT for VEA members and �29 plus VAT for non-members. Booking is essential as places are limited and the event is strictly for tourism businesses. To book a place, email email@example.com .