Suffolk self-catering holiday business scoops gold at Visit England Awards
- Credit: Archant
A self-catering holiday business set on a Suffolk farm is celebrating after scooping a top national accolade.
The Suffolk Escape, at Hintlesham, between Hadleigh and Ipswich, took a gold award at the 2018 VisitEngland Awards for Excellence in Bath on Monday, April 23.
The farm diversification business was launched by Andrew Bryce and his wife Sarah six years ago.
It consists of four log cabins set around a lake and the Sheepyard Barn, a conversion which sleeps up to 12 people, all with private hot tubs and wood burning stoves.
The barn also features an indoor swimming pool, wood fired pizza oven, outdoor lounge and hammocks, a separate children’s playroom/TV room and home cinema system.
You may also want to watch:
It was one of three finalists in the Self Catering Holiday Provider of the Year category of VisitEngland’s annual awards, and won through against rivals from Devon and Kent with its Sheepyard Barn which opened last year.
VisitEngland chief executive Sally Balcombe said: “These awards are a celebration of our thriving tourism industry. They highlight the people and the organisations that deliver amazing experiences for visitors, raising the profile of England as a world-class destination.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
“The finalists have shown themselves to be of the highest calibre, using their talent and innovation to deliver excellence.”