Suffolk Show 2012: Suffolk Agricultural Association prepares to applaud long service in farming community
SUFFOLK Agricultural Association is preparing to applaud a grand total of 922 years of service from individuals in the farming community.
On the first afternoon of this year’s much loved Suffolk Show – which this year takes place on June 7 and 8 – a special ceremony will be held to commend 20 devoted employees of the county’s many farms.
Known as the Long Service Awards, and sponsored by Anglia Farmers Ltd, the accolades are presented over three classes.
Class one acknowledges a person who has worked on the same farm or with the same employer for the last 30 years. There are nine recipients this year.
Class two applauds a person who has completed 50 years on the same farm. There are also nine recipients this year.
You may also want to watch:
Class three celebrates an individual who has achieved more than 60 years on the same farm. There are two recipients of this impressive record.
Christopher Bushby, Executive Director of Suffolk Agricultural Association, said: “Our Long Service Awards are a very important aspect of our Suffolk Show every year.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
“We are very proud of our position in being able to commend so many hard working and loyal members of the county’s farming community, and we know how well received these accolades are.”
Although full names of individuals receiving the awards cannot be announced until closer to the Show, the list does include recipients from all corners of Suffolk.
The presentation will be made on Thursday, June 7, at 2.15pm.