Suffolk: Top leaders urged to support mentoring scheme
- Credit: Archant
SUFFOLK County Council and Suffolk Constabulary are urging senior business leaders to share their experience by providing mentoring support to benefit other sectors of society.
A Suffolk Mentoring Event is being jointly hosted by county council chief executive Deborah Cadman and Deputy Chief Constable Paul Marshall at the council’s Endeavour House headquarters in Russell Road, Ipswich, on Monday, March 18, from 2pm to 4pm.
The authorities have been operating a mentoring partnership since 2008 which has seen high-calibre leaders working as mentors to develop their talented people.
Now, they aim to take the scheme to a new level, using the experience and strengths of business leaders to benefit people across sectors and boost the skill-set of the Suffolk workforce as a whole.
The scheme is aimed at experienced leaders with an established career at a senior level. Mentors give their time for free to support people outside their own organisation and in return can claim mentoring for people in their organisation.
You may also want to watch:
The key note speaker at the event on March 18 will be Professor Bob Garvey, who holds the chair in business education at York St John Business School and is one of Europe’s leading academic practitioners of coaching and mentoring.
To book a place, email Suffolk.firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?