Suffolk Yacht Harbour purchases online retailer Classic Marine
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Yacht Harbour has purchased online retailer Classic Marine.
The latest investment by the privately-owned marina, based at Levington on the River Orwell, continues its business expansion, building its classic marine services and expanding its offering to a wider client base.
The acquisition will also provide current Classic Marine customers with the added benefit of a new “visit and view” element as a new Classic Marine chandlery shop will be opening at Suffolk Yacht Harbour.
Suffolk Yacht Harbour, which was founded in 1967, has 550 berths and already offers a successful on-site chandlery with a long association with classic boats.
As well as hosting the popular Suffolk Yacht Harbour Classic Regatta for the past 15 years, the marina offers extensive classic yacht refit and repairs via its specialist on-site workshops, which underwent a significant renovation earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Yacht Harbour managing director Jonathan Dyke, said: “The acquisition of Classic Marine, which has an international client base, is a natural extension for us. It will allow Suffolk Yacht Harbour to expand its existing chandlery offering and build on an already strong reputation as the east coast hub for chandlery supplies and classic boat repairs. We are aware many customers have traded with Classic Marine for several years and would like to reassure them we plan to make no major changes to the business, we are simply bringing it under the capable hands of the highly experienced team at Suffolk Yacht Harbour.”
The business, currently operating mainly as an online-only chandlery, will continue to supply trade and retail customers under the name Classic Marine, www.classicmarine.co.uk, retaining the current website whilst expanding into a retail outlet in the building adjoining the existing chandlery at Suffolk Yacht Harbour.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
Two dedicated staff members, chandlery manager Richard Gadd and Tom Allen, will oversee the online ordering and day to day running of the retail business.
Classic Marin, run by Moray MacPhail for the past 25 years, has built up a loyal customer base. Moray MacPhail will continue manufacture and production of bespoke products for trade customers under the name Bronzework, which will remain in its current Woodbridge location.
Mr MacPhail said: “It was important that Classic Marine went to a good home, and I’m sure Suffolk Yacht Harbour will provide that. The acquisition will allow me to focus on and develop my manufacturing work with Bronzework.”