The Bridge House near London’s Tower Bridge named as Adnams Pub of the Year
- Credit: Archant
Southwold-based Adnams has named The Bridge House, near London’s Tower Bridge, as its Pub of the Year.
Landlord Wayne Seddon also picked up the Brand Ambassador award at the presentation ceremony, held at the Swan Hotel in Southwold, for embracing new products and ensuring his staff are well informed about the Adnams range.
Also honoured by the company, with the Best Innovation award, was Nick Attfield, from the Bell Inn at Walberswick and the Harbour Inn at Southwold, who was recognised for a range of ideas including a “teens menu”, an outdoor café to to boost capacity at peak times and themed nights for quieter periods.
The presentation also included three awards voted for by customers. The Excellence in Customer Service award went to Corrine Webber and Alex Wallis from the Jolly Sailor at Orford for their warm welcome in all weathers, Bradley and Alice Weemes from the Wherry Inn at Geldeston, near Beccles, received the Community Pub of the Year title, for their involvement in local events and Julian Wallis and Amy Whitelock from the Eels Foot at Eastbridge, near Leiston, picked up the trophy for Best Presented Pub, in recognition of how it blends with its rural location.
In addition, a special recognition award for Best Newcomers was made to Shaun and Lauren Doig of the Queen’s Head at Blyford, near Halesworth, for the way in which they have put their personal stamp on an already successful business.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Hester, Adnams’ chief operating offier, who hosted the awards ceremony, said: “There are so many pubs doing great things that it is always hard to single out individuals so I would like to congratulate all of our finalists. We are lucky to have such a superb group of tenants at Adnams.”
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 3 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 4 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 5 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 8 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper