The Groom’s Room, Amelie’s Kitchen and Caroline Gould Weddings among winners at the Wedding Industry Awards
- Credit: Archant
Three businesses from Suffolk and north Essex were among the national winners at the 2015 Wedding Industry Awards ceremony in London.
The Groom’s Room in Colchester collected the Best Wedding Menswear Supplier title, Caroline Gould Weddings of Ipswich won the Best Wedding Planner (Independent) category and Amelie’s Kitchen, also from Ipswich, was named Best Wedding Cake Designer.
In addition, Abigail’s Collection, which operates alongside The Groom’s Room, was highly commended in the Best Wedding Bridal Retailer category.
The Groom’s Room’s trophy was collected by Robert Neill who runs the menswear side of the business with his wife and business partner Abi Neill in charge of the bridal side.
She said that, following a double win in the regional round of the awards, through which they qualified for the final, to receive further recognition at national level was “overwhelming”.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t really get over it,” she added. “We really have achieved so much.”
Caroline Gould, who launched her wedding planning business following an earlier career in IT, said: “I’m just thrilled to have won this award, particularly because votes are cast entirely by couples I worked with last year, so it’s a real testament to me and my future clients that what I’m doing is right.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 5 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 6 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 7 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 8 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
Helen Ward, the baker and designer behind Amelie’s Kitchen, added: “The standard of the entries was extremely high so I am really, really proud of everything that I have achieved. I’ve seen an increase in the bookings already since winning the award which is just incredible.”
Damian Bailey, founder of the Wedding Industry Awards, said: “The Wedding Industry Awards really have become the gold standard for wedding excellence in this country; the wedding industry is packed full with passionate, innovative and committed suppliers.
“This our fourth awards and the standard of entrants was higher than ever. It’s becoming harder and harder for our judges to pick winners from such amazing shortlists where everyone demonstrates such skill. It was great to celebrate everyone’s achievement.”