TIM Howes has been elected president of the East Anglian Society of Chartered Accountants (EASCA) covering Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and north Essex Mr Howes is manager of Kaplan Financial Ltd in East Anglia, which provides training for chartered accountancy and technician qualifications.
TIM Howes has been elected president of the East Anglian Society of Chartered Accountants (EASCA) covering Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and north Essex
Mr Howes is manager of Kaplan Financial Ltd in East Anglia, which provides training for chartered accountancy and technician qualifications. He has helped train many of the regions accountants and has been closely involved with the recent implementation of computer based assessment across many of the qualifications offered.
“I hope to promote a widening of the range of businesses offering the facility to train as a chartered accountant, most notably in industry and commerce compared to the traditional audit based opportunities,” he said.
“I also want to continue the ongoing work of the society to bring its members closer to the national institute.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Howes, who was born and brought up in Norwich, qualified as a chartered accountant in 1990 with Martin and Acock (now M&A Partners). He is a one time Norfolk under-19s squash champion and member of the England Universities team and studied PE, sport science and recreation management at Loughborough University.
He is married to Hayley and the couple have two daughters. He is currently treasurer/trustee of the Wymondham College Trust where he was educated and where his eldest daughter is now sitting her GCSEs.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 10 A12 reopened after three-car crash