Toronto next stop for Stansted
DAILY low-cost transatlantic flights between Stansted Airport and Canada are to start next year, it was revealed yesterday. Flyglobespan, which already operates out of Stansted to Athens and Tenerife, will start flying to the popular city of Toronto from next May next year, with one-way fares starting at £99 including tax.
DAILY low-cost transatlantic flights between Stansted Airport and Canada are to start next year, it was revealed yesterday.
Flyglobespan, which already operates out of Stansted to Athens and Tenerife, will start flying to the popular city of Toronto from next May next year, with one-way fares starting at £99 including tax.
“Canada was the foundation that we built the Globespan name on,” said Flyglobespan chairman Tom Dalrymple yesterday.
“We know the market very well over there. That knowledge, allied to Flyglobespan's ability to offer the most competitive fares will give us a very good all round product that I am sure will go well with our customers.
“I am sure too that our customers will appreciate the benefits of flying into Toronto's Hamilton International airport which is ideally situated between Downtown Toronto and Niagara Falls.”
Nick Barton, business development and planning director for Stansted Airport said: “We are delighted that Flyglobespan will launch the first low-cost, daily connection to Canada from Stansted next year. Our long-haul networks are growing at a tremendous pace and the arrival of Toronto will further enhance our transatlantic connections.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 4 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 5 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 6 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 7 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 8 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 Cobwebs spotted covering entire trees across Suffolk
“The airline has had great success with its services from here to Athens and Tenerife and I'm sure the new link to Toronto will prove just as popular. I'd like to wish Flyglobespan every success as they continue to grow their route networks out of Stansted.”
Reservations can be made with immediate effect by visiting www.flyglobespan.com, and it is anticipated that demand will be high, especially on the upgraded seats, which start from £144 one-way in Economy Premier and £204 one-way in Business Class.