Tough challenge taken on to support St Elizabeth Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Local vets take part in a Suffolk cycle marathon for charity
Staff at Stowe Veterinary Group are set to raise more than £3,000 for the charity St Elizabeth Hospice by cycling the circumference of Suffolk.
Veterinary surgeons Roger Harvey and Ella Canham will undertake the gruelling two-day ride on the weekend (June 4 and 5) o in support of their friend Sue Cobbold.
Sue was diagnosed with cancer in March 2011 and has chosen to support St Elizabeth Hospice who continue to provide amazing support for both her and her family.
Joined by a small group of Sue’s family and friends, Ella and Roger aim to cycle 220 miles around Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
They will start and finish in the village of Old Newton, where Sue lives, passing through Thetford, East Bergholt, Bawdsey and Southwold along the way.
Roger said: “It’s going to be a tough couple of days, which will include the furthest I’ve ever cycled in one day, but that is nothing compared to Sue’s brave efforts battling this dreadful condition.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
“Cancer sadly touches all our lives in some way and I’m pleased to support the tremendous work of St Elizabeth’s Hospice. I’d also like to thank the great team at Stowe Veterinary Group for their generous donations and encouragement whilst training.”
To make a donation visit http://giving.stelizabethhospice.org.uk/cyclingsuffolkforsue/.
Stowe Veterinary Group is a partnership that has been providing a caring and professional service for all domestic pets, horses and farm animals for more than 50 years.
The group has large surgical practices based in Ipswich, Stowmarket and Bury St. Edmunds, as well as smaller local practices in Needham Market and Elmswell.