Tough challenge taken on to support St Elizabeth Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Local vets take part in a Suffolk cycle marathon for charity
Staff at Stowe Veterinary Group are set to raise more than £3,000 for the charity St Elizabeth Hospice by cycling the circumference of Suffolk.
Veterinary surgeons Roger Harvey and Ella Canham will undertake the gruelling two-day ride on the weekend (June 4 and 5) o in support of their friend Sue Cobbold.
Sue was diagnosed with cancer in March 2011 and has chosen to support St Elizabeth Hospice who continue to provide amazing support for both her and her family.
Joined by a small group of Sue’s family and friends, Ella and Roger aim to cycle 220 miles around Suffolk.
They will start and finish in the village of Old Newton, where Sue lives, passing through Thetford, East Bergholt, Bawdsey and Southwold along the way.
Roger said: “It’s going to be a tough couple of days, which will include the furthest I’ve ever cycled in one day, but that is nothing compared to Sue’s brave efforts battling this dreadful condition.
- 1 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 2 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 3 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 4 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 5 Five people injured and air ambulance called after car overturned in crash
- 6 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 7 'Significant' amount of Class A drugs and taser found at home in Suffolk
- 8 Plans seek to create traveller pitches for family use
- 9 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 10 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
“Cancer sadly touches all our lives in some way and I’m pleased to support the tremendous work of St Elizabeth’s Hospice. I’d also like to thank the great team at Stowe Veterinary Group for their generous donations and encouragement whilst training.”
To make a donation visit http://giving.stelizabethhospice.org.uk/cyclingsuffolkforsue/.
Stowe Veterinary Group is a partnership that has been providing a caring and professional service for all domestic pets, horses and farm animals for more than 50 years.
The group has large surgical practices based in Ipswich, Stowmarket and Bury St. Edmunds, as well as smaller local practices in Needham Market and Elmswell.