U's in line for savings cash boost
FANS of Colchester United FC can give both themselves and the club a cash boost thanks to a new affinity savings account. The U's, currently enjoying a successful first season in the Championship, have teamed up with the Norwich & Peterborough Building Society to offer supporters an account which offers a competitive rate of interest and benefits the club.
FANS of Colchester United FC can give both themselves and the club a cash boost thanks to a new affinity savings account.
The U's, currently enjoying a successful first season in the Championship, have teamed up with the Norwich & Peterborough Building Society to offer supporters an account which offers a competitive rate of interest and benefits the club.
Each year, Colchester United will receive a bonus calculated from the average total balance held in all its fans' Club Savers accounts during the previous calendar year.
Colchester United chairman Peter Heard said: “Our fans' support on the pitch will be crucial this season as we continue our Championship campaign. Now, having formed the perfect striking partnership with N&P, I am sure the Colchester United Club Savers Account will become a permanent fixture with fans.
You may also want to watch:
“I'll be opening my account straight away and encourage all fans to do the same. This savings account will allow our fans to continue their support off the pitch as the more the fans save in their accounts, the more they are directly helping our club.”
Sara Clinkard, manager of N&P's Colchester branch, added: “We hope this new account will prove a real winner for the U's. Since their launch, this type of account has been hugely successful for other clubs. Peterborough United has received over £800,000 and Lincoln City over £600,000. That's why this initiative could make a major difference to the club's financial future.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
“Unlike credit card schemes where supporters have to spend to benefit the club, fans can help themselves by saving and also aid the club. We hope every Colchester United supporter will open an account. It could mean a great deal to the club.”
Fans can open an account over the counter at N&P's branches in Colchester, Clacton or Chelmsford or online, at either www.backyourclub.com or the club's own website, www.cu-fc.com.
The account requires a minimum investment of £100 (reduced for under-16s to £10 for the branch account and just £1 for the internet account) and offers easy access to savings with no notice or interest penalty for withdrawals.
Colchester United will receive a bonus of up to 1.25% of the average balance held in the account during the previous 12 months
A tiered gross interest rate will initially start at 2.3% on balances up to £2,499, rising to 4.05% on balances of £100,000-plus, with interest being credited annually on January 1.