UK: Ladies in Pigs get new mobile kitchen
- Credit: Archant
The mobile kitchen used by Ladies in Pigs (LIPs) at countless shows and events across the country has been replaced.
Members of LIPs have cooked tens of thousands of dishes across the 15 years since BPEX first funded the fully equipped kitchen.
The keys to the new vehicle were handed to LIPs chair Sue Woodall by BPEX chair Stewart Houston.
Sue said: “The kitchen has been absolutely invaluable and we just couldn’t have achieved what we have without it. It is a multi-functional vehicle as it can be educational when we visit schools, but also a promotion idea in supermarket car parks and events of all sorts.
“The new one has a modern look with different graphics from the old one to promote the message of farm assured pork and Trust The Tractor. We are very grateful to BPEX for funding the new kitchen and also to other people in the industry who helped pay for some of the contents.”
You may also want to watch:
BPEX Chairman Stewart Houston said LIPs had done “a magnificent job” over many years and the industry owed them a huge debt.
“BPEX was only too happy to fund this new demonstrational mobile kitchen which will, hopefully, give good service for many years to come and allow LIPs to carry on the good work,” he added.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side