Fears Waitrose vegetables may contain broken glass
- Credit: Archant
Waitrose is recalling jars of beetroot amid fears they could contain shards of broken glass.
Essential Waitrose Pickled Sweet Sliced Beetroot may be unsafe to eat and customers are being advised to return the product as soon as possible to one of the Ipswich stores.
It is the 340g jars with a best before date of September 2020 which pose the risk.
MORE: 'We can make a difference' - Another Suffolk pub saved in wake of shock closuresThe Food Standards Agency has issued a warning to all customers not to eat the product.
A FSA spokesman said: "This product may contain small pieces of glass, which presents a safety risk.
"Point of sale notices will be displayed in all retail stores that are selling this product. These notices explain to customers why the product is being recalled and tell them what to do if they have bought the product.
You may also want to watch:
"If you have bought any of the above product, do not eat it. Instead, return it to the store from where it was bought for a full refund."
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 9 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge