Waveney: Enterprise agency NWES celebrates 30th anniversary
THE country’s largest enterprise agency, founded in Lowestoft, is getting in the party spirit as it celebrates its 30th year.
NWES, originally founded in 1982 as Lowestoft Enterprise Trust, has seen considerable growth across the East of England and is now a regional player in enterprise support and economic development.
It has also contributed to the Government’s startup strategy, and in the last five years has helped 2411 new firms to start trading.
To celebrate its birthday, staff and tenants at their enterprise centres tucked into ‘30th’ cakes along with champagne. A 1980s party will be held later in the year to celebrate three decades of encouraging enterprise. It had been a “fabulous journey”, said NWES boss Kevin Horne.
“From four staff and a shared computer we now cover four counties with 15 plus offices and have helped over 10,000 new businesses to start up, thrive and survive. I am immensely proud of the organisation.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Thank you to everyone who has helped us along the way.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car