West Suffolk: Busy start to the year for Churchill Catering
- Credit: Archant
Rickinghall-based Churchill Catering has taken over the roadside café, overnight parking and truck wash site at Risby, near Bury St Edmunds.
Managing director Tony Nicholl said: “We are going to invest in a general upgrade of the environment and menu offering and become the first choice for truckers who want good value food, secure overnight parking and good quality showers.
“We already operate truckers’ cafés in other parts of the country and this operation fits well with our strategy”.
The addition of the Risby site follows the start of a number of new catering contracts for Churchill so far this year, at locations including Lake Windermere, Welwyn Garden City, Tamworth, Hinton, Norwich and Cobham.
Mr Nicholl added: “Since January 1st this year, we have added £3million to our sales and 67 new jobs resulting in more investment in our head office in Rickinghall.
You may also want to watch:
“Most of our new clients approach us in the first instance as they have heard of our reputation for delivering quality and excellent value.”
Churchill operates the catering at a number of local venues including Bury St Edmunds Leisure Centre, High Lodge in Thetford Forest, Muntons at Stowmarket and DHL in Stanton.
- 1 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 5 Town considering move for Birmingham striker Cosgrove
- 6 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 7 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 8 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 9 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed