West Suffolk College helps students find path to a career
- Credit: Archant
Around 40 employers and higher education providers took part in a careers fair and expo event organised by West Suffolk College.
Students from the college and local schools were able to find out more about a wide range of careers as well as routes into universities, apprenticesships and volunteering.
The event took place in the college’s Gateway building, with hundreds of students taking the opportunity to speak to employers attending the event including Allied Healthcare, Anglian Water, the Army, Baker Tilly accountants, automotive technology company Delphi, several engineering contractors, care agencies, digital media companies and many more.
Level 3 Business students were also involved in the organisation and marketing of the event, and by hosting tours of the campus for external school visitors.
Caroline McGill, careers guidance advisor at the college and one of the organisers of the event, said: “We run this event each year and it is always hugely successful.
You may also want to watch:
“Some students get employment offers on the day while others are able to get new ideas about possible career routes. It is also a great opportunity for students to start networking with future employers.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs